Enameled Cast Iron cookware should be in every working parent’s kitchen. You just add whatever you want in the pot and leave the pot to cook and you have a delicious meal to serve. I got my Martha Stewart Enameled Cast Iron Cookware in the mail and I am in love with it.
Cooking in an enameled cast iron cookware is fun and makes delicious food! The most important thing, it frees up my time to spend it with my kids. Check out our video making this Cardamom Chicken recipe cooked in Martha Stewart’s Enameled Cast Iron Cookware. It took us less than 5 minutes to put all the ingredients in the pot.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 lbs chicken legs
- zest of 1 large lemon
- ½ tbsp. grated ginger
- 20 cardamoms pods
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup yogurt
- 10 potato fingerlings
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- 4 cups water
- 2 whole green chilies
- ½ cup chopped cilantro leaves
- )Melt the butter in the cast iron pot.
- )Brown the chicken in it for 2-3 minutes.
- )Using a mortar and pestle crush the cardamom pods to retrieve the cardamom seeds. Discard the green cardamom skin.
- )Add all the remaining ingredients except for green chili and cilantro leaves to chicken in the cast iron pot.
- )Cover the pot with lid and cook at medium heat for 45 minutes.
- )Add the whole green chili and cilantro leaves and cook for another 15 minutes.
- )Remove from pot and serve with warm rice or quinoa or use as meat for tacos.