Another yummy yummy breakfast recipe – The Cheese Omelet. I love omelets for one reason – you can get your picky child to eat egg yolk. Many children do not like eating egg yolk including mine, even though egg yolks are full of carotenoids, essential fatty acids, and vitamins (A, E and D). Infact egg yolks contain more nutrients than the egg whites.
Here’s a simple cheese omelet recipe that is just so delicious that you will add this to your recipe repertoire. The trick to making this omelet is sautéing the freshly ground black pepper in the butter for 20-30 seconds before adding the egg and the cheese. Sautéing the black pepper releases the most wonderful aroma and adds a yummy flavor to the eggs.
Here are the recipe details:
4 eggs (serves 2 )
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
¼ tsp salt
½ tbsp. butter
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper.
1) In a small bowl mix the eggs and salt
2) Melt butter over medium heat in a 8 inch non-stick skillet
3) Add the freshly ground black pepper and sauté for 20 seconds.
4) Pour the egg mixture into the skittle and let them sit for about 60 seconds till the eggs are beginning to cook from the bottom but are undercooked on the top.
5) Sprinkle the cheese in the center of the omelet and let it sit for 1-2 minutes till the eggs are also cooked from the top.
6) Fold the omelet over the cheese. You can either fold it twice or three times (like a letter).
7) Serve with warm bread.