This week Simone learns to make Chinese Egg Fried Rice with a friend Tracy (Thank you Tracy!). Along the way she learnt a few Chinese words as well as new cooking vocabulary.
Here’s how we made the Fried Rice:
3 cups left over long grain rice (if you don’t have left over rice you can use freshly cooked rice also)
11/2 cups peas and carrots (carrots cut into small cubes)
½ medium sized white/brown Onion
2 tablespoon olive spoon
Salt and black pepper to taste
Garlic powder to taste
Soya sauce to taste
Ketchup to taste
1) Crack the eggs and whisk them. Add Salt, garlic powder and black pepper to taste.
2) Heat a pan and add 2 tablespoon olive oil
3) Cut the onion in small pieces and add to the oil and fry till they turn golden brown
4) Add rice to the onions
5) Add the vegetables and fry for 3 minutes
6) Add the eggs and keep stirring.
7) Add the soya sauce
8) Voila you are ready to eat!
1) Instead of white/brown onion you can use green onions for both cooking and garnishing.
2) You can add any vegetables you want.
3) You can add any meat you want but just adjust your cooking time according to the meat type.
4) You can also use tofu for the rice.
5) You can add ketchup either during cooking or after wards right before eating. Adding ketchup makes the rice tangy and sweet. It’s really yummy!
So what’s the verdict from the toddler? Check out the video of Simone cooking and trying the recipe.