What’s your favorite part of eating at Chipotle? Our favorite definitely has to be the cilantro-lime rice. It just tastes so yummy and is a perfect flavor. If you haven’t eaten at Chipotle, you should still make this Cilantro Lime Quinoa Chicken dish. This one dish wonder is perfect as a snack or a one dish dinner. It is easy, simple and something that the whole family will eat.
Ingredients (serves 3-4 )
8 oz of plain cooked chicken cut into small pieces (the equivalent meat of 4 normal sized chicken drumsticks)
4 cups cooked quinoa
1 tbsp olive oil
2 small shallots thinly sliced
1 tsp minced garlic
1 cup finely chopped spinach
¾ cup finely chopped cilantro, both leaves and stems.
1 tsp salt
Juice of 1 lime
1) Boil or steam the chicken and cut it into small pieces by hand prior to making this recipe or you can use store bought plain cooked chicken.
2) Cook the quinoa per the instructions on the packaging. Remember to rinse the quinoa under cold water and drain prior to cooking as this takes away the “soapiness” of it.
3) Heat a wok or a frying pan on medium heat and add the oil.
4) Add the shallots and minced garlic to the oil and sauté for 30 seconds till they turn translucent.
5) Add the spinach and sauté for 1 minute.
6) Add the cooked quinoa and cooked chicken to the pan and sauté for 2 mins.
7) Toss in the cilantro leaves, salt and lime juice and mix for 30 seconds.
Easy cleanup, easy dish and it is packed with nutrients! This will be a family favorite.