My focus this year has been to make many of our favorite restaurant dishes at home. Cream of Mushroom is one such recipe. Wanna to know the most special part of this recipe? My son and I eat this almost every week in our weekly lunch date.
My best lunch date ever! His baby sitter brings him to my work and we have lunch. This is one of my most cherished routine as it is a reminder that he is still little and I need to cherish every moment I have with him.
When my son comes by my office, I ask him where he wants to eat and majority of the times he responds by saying Cream of Mushroom soup. We head over to a French bistro by work. The folks at the bistro know exactly what our order will be. Within minutes a bowl of soup arrives……….
I made this recipe at home for dinner and it took me 10 minutes to make it. The trick to a flavorful mushroom soup is using a variety of mushrooms and having a hand blender to grind the mushrooms. You can add more cream if you want to make the soup richer.
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 shallots thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves sliced
- 2 cups mixed mushrooms
- 32 oz organic chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- salt to taste
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Add the shallots and garlic and cook until both are soft.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté them for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and using a hand immersion blender, blend the mushrooms into a paste.
- Add the broth and cream and season with salt and bring to boil.
- Serve with bread.
NOTE: For a vegetarian option, replace chicken broth with vegetarian broth.