Forgive me for not posting as frequently in the past few weeks. I have been traveling with my kids and we have been adventuring. My days have been spent showing them the different images of India, introducing them to their cousins and second cousins so they can create new bonds and memories. We wander through the cities we are traveling in exploring the architecture, the food and the outdoors. We have ridden camels, seen lots of traditional dancing, and eaten our way across Southern, Northern and Western India. The kids are also undergoing a language explosion where they have been picking up Hindi and that to me is AWESOME! But you know what’s even better than that? My kids loving India — PRICELESS!
Allow me to share on the favourite ways the kids have been enjoying potatoes in India. So simple and mildly flavoured!
Makes about 16 baby potatoes.
16 baby potatoes
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp cumin seeds
½ tsp salt
1) Peel and boil the potatoes.
2) Heat a pan on medium heat and add the oil.
3) Once the oil is heated, add the cumin seeds and the potatoes.
4) Saute for about 5 minutes till the potatoes appear crispy.
5) Serve as a side dish or serve with your meat or seafood.