I have been working 50-60 hour weeks lately. Any free time outside of work is first spent on kid’s activities (both scheduled and unscheduled)- checking homework, doing science projects together, teaching piano, working with them on how to organize their playroom/closets etc… Once the kids activities are taken care of, my time is spent on cooking them quick, simple, healthy and nutritious meals while introducing them to different flavors and textures.
Here’s a quick fun recipe that both adults and kids have been loving in our home lately. The beauty of this recipe is that you can add as much as or as little of the ingredients one wants, so I am almost hesitant to call this a recipe. It is delicious and great for an afterschool snack.
- 1 corn cob (1 cob per person)
- Cotija Cheese
- Chilli Powder
- Butter (optional)
- ) Fire roast or boil the corn cob. If you are fire roasting the corn, brush a little butter (optional) and grill the corn on a medium-hot fire. Turn the ears so the corn cooks evenly. This should take about 3 minutes.
- ) Using a sharp knife or a kernel cutter, strip the kernels off the cob.
- ) Put the kernels in a bowl. Add the cotija cheese, and sprinkle some chilli powder.
- ) Garnish with lime wedges and serve hot.
I own this Corn Kernel Zipper that makes my life very easy in the kitchen.
Some of the other fun ways to eat corn from CookingLight.com: