Children aged 2-5 can easily do most of the following tasks in the kitchen:
- Help stir ingredients in a bowl
- Wash fruits and vegetables
- Add ingredients to a bowl if supervised
- Hold a small handheld blender with adult supervision.
- Bring and put away ingredients
- Mash ingredients or knead dough – basically anything that they can use their hands and get messy .
- Measure basic measuring from spoons and cups
- Add salt and pepper by using the pepper mills
- Crack eggs
Children love to help out in the kitchen and getting them started earlier in life helps develop their life long love for cooking. If there are tasks that I have left out, please let me know.