Holidays are around the corner! I cannot believe how quickly 2014 has gone by! The days are truly long, but the years fly by in this phase of my life.
Holidays are about family, friends, food and making memories. This year my family gets to experience the Knott’s Merry Farm at the Knott’s Berry Farm. Knott’s Merry Farm has been a Southern California Holiday Tradition since 1985 and they celebrate the holiday season November 22nd through January 4th 2015.
Here are some of the activities you can do when you visit the Knott’s Merry Farm:
- Catch a performance by the world famous beagle, Snoopy as he performs a brand new ice spectacular,Merry Christmas, Snoopy!
- Experience a unique live performance of Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol or O. Henry’s A Gift of the Magi in an intimate setting of the historic Bird Cage Theatre.
- Snoopy’s Merriest Tree Lighting. Join us for a musical, whimsical tree lighting featuring a cast of Toy Soldiers, Snowmen, Elves and America’s most famous beagle, Snoopy!
- Introduced in 2013, the Ghost Town and Calico Railroad celebrate Christmas on Engine 41. Climb aboard a vintage railcar and meet an ever-changing group of Ghost Town residents eager to share their Christmas plans and songs with you.
- Ghost Town also celebrates of the sounds of the season with its very own Dickensian vocal quartet, Calico Carolers and interactive country Christmas blue grass quartet, the Ghost Town Miners.
Knott’s has some of the best amusement park food in this country. For the holiday season they have the following planned for their visitors:
- Santa’s homemade cookies, sundae bar, decadent hot chocolate topped with hand carved chocolate shavings, and winter wine and craft beer tastings.
- Savor the Knott’s world famous desserts, including fresh made-to-order Maple Lollipops, churros from the Churro Factory, cakes, cookies, muffins and gingerbread men in the Farm Bakery.
Are you hungry yet? I cannot wait to try the Maple Lollipops.
Santa’s Christmas Cabin
Come visit Santa in the Wilderness Dance Hall in Ghost Town.
While visiting Santa, guests can also indulge in holiday delights such as:
- Santa’s homemade cookies
- Hot fudge sundae bar
- Decadent hot chocolate topped with hand carved chocolate shavings
- Winter wine and craft beer tastings paired with fresh fruit, cheese and more!
Christmas Crafts Village
Looking for some unique holiday gifts? Explore the Knott’s Christmas Crafts Village as it transforms Ghost Town into a shopping wonderland filled with dozens of local artists and artisans selling their unique wares including a chainsaw sculptor and glass blower. Entrance to the Knott’s Christmas Crafts Village is free Monday through Thursday and is included daily with theme park admission.
We are visiting Knott’s Merry Farm on November 22nd, I will share a post talking about our experience on the 23rd. Knott’s Berry Farm 2015 Season Pass makes the perfect holiday gift. More info can be found here.