Ever get tired of eggs for breakfast? I love eggs but every once in a while I want to eat something else with my breakfast other than eggs. Here’s a mushroom dish that I absolutely love to serve and eat. It is easy, quick and tasty. You can actually eat it any time of the day, but for some reason I always like this dish for breakfast. I serve it with warm buttered English muffins.
Did you know that mushrooms are the only natural source of Vitamin D? Vitamin D is essential for healthy children as it promotes bone growth.
Here’s how I made this recipe:
1 10oz bag sliced mushrooms
½ medium sized red onion
Salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
1 tbsp olive oil
1) Cut the onion into thin long slivers
2) Dice the tomatoes
3) Heat a frying pan on medium heat.
4) Add the oil and sauté the onions till they are translucent. This should take about 2-3 mins.
5) Add the mushrooms and tomatoes and cook for 5 mins till the tomatoes and mushrooms have cooked.
6) Season with salt and/or black pepper.
7) Serve with warm buttered English muffins.