A week into 2011 and I have been thinking what I want to do this year. I always have a running list of goals I want to accomplish, places I want to visit and experiences I want to have. I have also been thinking about what I want to accomplish as a parent this year. Since this blog is focused on kids and raising healthy children here are my goals for my kids:
1) I want my 3.5 year old to learn a new recipe a month that she can put together by herself.
2) I want to exercise with them once a week – whether that means going swimming together, or going for a hike or doing a yoga class together. I want to exercise with them to show that take care of your body is just as important as eating healthy food.
3) Teach my kids in detail about 1 new cuisine. I don’t know what cuisine it will be, but my plan is to introduce them to 1 cuisine. Make the recipes, go to the local market, eat at restaurants for the cuisine.
4) Teach my 3.5 year old about carbohydrates, proteins, and fat – what they are, why we need them etc….
5) Keep giving them a green dish with every meal if not every other meal during the day.