I made these for the kids today before leaving for work. It was simple, quick and easy. The kids get to eat it as their afternoon snack and I get to eat them as my lunch. I made extra too so I can freeze some and have them ready when I need them next. I find it funny that we forget to freeze foods for the kids once they get beyond the solid food stage. I freeze these finger foods – meatballs, kebabs, patties etc.. so that when I need something I have them. In some cases, it is better to freeze fresh homemade food/snacks than buying processed frozen food.
Here’s the recipe:
3 medium sized Idaho Potatoes
2 cups cut broccoli florets
½ medium sized onion
¾ cups shredded parmesan cheese
1 cup bread crumbs
1) Boil/steam the broccoli and potatoes till they are cooked.
2) Dice the onion.
3) Mash the potatoes and broccoli. and add the diced onion.
4) Add the diced onion, parmesan cheese and the breadcrumbs
5) Make small round balls with the mixture.
6) Bake them for 15 minutes at 375F and broil them for 10 minutes. Broiling them will make the balls go brown.
I didn’t add any spices to these balls as the combination of these ingredients tasted delicious.