Potatoes are fun! Potatoes are easy to make and uncooked potatoes last a long time. Kids generally love potatoes so why not give them potatoes and veggies combined in a potato ball… hmm that’s another recipe idea which I will post soon. This recipe is simple, quick and works perfectly as a finger food, side dish, or an appetizer. It is so versatile that you can sprinkle different herbs and spices to adapt it to the taste buds of everyone in the family.
Medium sized potatoes are best for making mashed potatoes. Also boiling potatoes with their skin keeps their nutrients locked. These potato patties can be served as a side or as an appetizer. You can use cookie cutters to make these potatoes patties in various fun shapes. Here’s how I made these yummy patties:
5 medium size potatoes
Olive oil for shallow frying
Cumin powder or dry roasted cumin seeds to taste (optional)
Salt to taste
- Boil the potatoes. Cool down and peel skin. Mash the potatoes by hand and form a desired shape. You can use cookie cutter to make any form you want.
- Heat oil (or you can use PAM or non stick cooking spray) in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Put the potato patty in the frying pan and fry till the side turns brown and crispy.
- Flip over and cook the other side.
- Sprinkle salt and cumin powder to taste. If you want a little kick, sprinkle some paprika.
The Verdict: Even before I could finish setting the dinner table for dinner, half of these patties were gone. They were very popular with the 11 month old, my 3.5 year old and ofcourse the hubby!