Kids like to eat crunchy! Serve these crunchy green bean recipe and your kids will be eating “Green Bean” fingers in no time. This quick recipe takes about 5 minutes to prepare so it’s a great recipe to whip up at the end of tired long days.
Green beans, also known as String Beans have the same nutritional benefits as kidney beans, pinto beans, and lima beans. Green Beans are low in fat and are an excellent source of protein, fiber, and complex carbohydrates.
1 1lb pack of frozen green beans. You can use any cut of the beans.
1 shallot or you could use about ½ a medium sized onion
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 tbsp shredded coconut ( I use frozen shredded coconut)
1 tbsp cooking oil
Salt to taste
1) Cut the onion or the shallot into long slivers.
2) Put a frying pan on medium heat.
3) Add oil and heat.
4) Add the onion to the pan and stir fry till they are translucent.
5) Add the mustard seeds. They will start to splutter when they are cooked.
6) Add the green beans and salt and cook till the beans are soft but still crunchy.
7) Add the shredded coconut and fry for another 2 minutes.
8) Serve as a side dish or with rice.
The Verdict: Simone loved this recipe. We will definitely be making this more in our home.