I was so inspired by the healthy Halloween Treats by FamilyFun that I decided that this week Simone and I will try one of the recipes from it. We decided to make mummy pizzas at home. We also made our pizza sauce from scratch and used peas instead of olives for the eyes.
Here’s our video from the fun we had making it:
For the sauce:
2 tomatoes diced
2 garlic cloves sliced
Crushed Black pepper and salt to taste
1 teaspoon cut basil leaves (optional)
For the pizza
3 English Muffin Bread
3 String cheese
Peas to decorate
For the Pizza Sauce:
1) Cut the garlic and tomatoes
2) Heat up a pan and add some olive oil to add
3) Once heated add garlic and sauté for 10-15 seconds
4) Add diced tomatoes, salt and pepper per taste
5) Cook for 2-3 minutes till the tomatoes soften.
6) Puree the tomatoes to turn into the sauce
For making the pizza:
1) Toast the English muffins
2) Spread the pizza sauce on the muffins
3) Put two peas for the “eyes”
4) Separate the string cheese pieces as lay them out as strips to make the bread look like a mummy.
5) Put in the oven (oven at 350F) for 8 mins or till the cheese melts.