Simone and I were both craving something crunchy in the afternoon so I made Parmesan chips. They are so simple and easy to make. It took about 5 minutes in the oven and the chips were ready. The beauty of these chips is that you can add any spices you want to the chips. I made them really simple today but in the future, I will add spices and herbs for more variety.
Here’s how I made them:
3/4 cups finely shredded parmesan reggiano
1 1/2 teaspoon whole wheat flour
1)Mix the Parmesan and whole wheat flour in a bowl.
2) Heat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
3) Spread the cheese mixture in any shape you desire on a baking sheet with parchment paper on it.
4) Bake for 5 mins. if you want them to be more brown then bake longer.
5) Cool and remove using a knife to lift the chips.
6) Voila they are ready to be eaten.
Note: I only made them in the oval shape but you can make them in any shape you desire for the children.
The Verdict: Simone and I loved them and so did the rest of the family.
Here’s how I placed the cheese on the parchment paper: