Tools make cooking fun! Everyone has certain tools in the kitchen they cannot live without in the kitchen. My list of ‘cannot live without’ kitchen tools is long. Here are a few of my favorite things:
1) Pressure Cooker – it makes cooking beans, lentils, meat stews a breeze. During the solid food stage with both my kids, I was able to whip up fresh homemade puree in less than 5 minutes using a pressure cooker.
2) My Braun hand blender – perfect for quick jobs in the kitchen – smoothies, chutneys etc.
3) My Cuisinart 16 cup food processor – when I go elaborate, this baby comes out. It does everything in the kitchen. Makes dough, slices the peperoni, makes salsa, etc. I love my 16-cup Cuisinart, but it is heavy and I don’t like the clean up so I don’t use is daily.
4) Microplane – I love the Microplane for zesting and grating. Zesting makes for yummy salads, muffins, pancakes etc. Grating makes for nice garnishes – I can grate chocolate, cheese, and nuts etc.
5) Melon Baller – my favorite addition in my repertoire. I like how I can make small fruit balls using it and make a very beautiful fruit salad. Kids love the fruit balls as they can pick them up. Another bonus – the juices from the fruit seep and blend and the fruit salad tastes yummy as is. No need for other juices or sugar in this salad.
This is the baller I use! (Photo Source: Williams Sonoma)
You can buy Melon Ballers from here. You will need a Melon Baller for this salad.
- ¼ Watermelon
- ½ Cantaloupe
- 1 cup sliced Strawberries
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 15 Mint Leaves
- Scoop Watermelon and Cantaloupe balls using the baller.
- Add the Strawberries, Blueberries and mint leaves to the balls.
- Chill and serve