Are you ready to introduce solid foods to your children? Need some guidance on what equipment you need? First of all – you don’t need any fancy gadgets, most of the solid foods can be prepared using a simple steamer, a new small pot, and a small food processor.
Here’s a list of recommended tools for introducing solid food to your baby:
1) A regular pot with a steamer tray or a rice cooker that has a steamer insert.
2) A small food processor to puree the food. We used a $10 dollar one from Target and it worked great for what we needed it to do.
3) Ice cube trays to freeze extra food.
1) A pressure cooker is optional but it is a very useful tool as you can cook lentils, beans and veggies in less than 5 minutes.
2) Hand Immersion blender – only if you don’t have a food processor that you can use.
3) Food mill – not needed unless you already have it.